Empower is an Independent Living Specialist that has been approved by the State of California since 1996. We have had the privilege of supporting and advocating with and for individuals to live independently in their chosen homes and communities throughout the State of California.
The founder, Catherine Baca M.S. has been offering professional guidance and support to individuals as young as 1 year old to 103 years old. She has also had the privilege of serving vulnerable adults and minors as a Conservator for the Los Angeles County Superior Court from 1998 to 2014.
Since 1996, individuals of all ages whose lives have been impacted by changes to their health and well-being, aging, and or loss of loved one(s), have been embraced by Empower to:
- Discover and access resources that help facilitate and create a plan of action to help individuals live their best independent life.
- Live and thrive in their home and community.
- Re-enter socially and if applicable vocationally by accessing growth in personal spirituality.
- Build relationships with family, friends, and professionals that support and honor them as individuals regardless of their physical, mental, and social trials.
- Teach self-advocacy and help individuals remain as independent as possible in the least restrictive environment.
For more information about how our programs and services can help, please call us at 213-590-CARE (2273).